Title : Jethro Tull – A La Mode. Format : 3CD / 3DVD Set. Label : Warner Music. Barcode / Cat Num : 0190295127497
Release Date : April 16th 2021
After completing their acclaimed folk-rock trilogy in 1979, Jethro Tull returned a year later with A, an album that introduced a different sound and a new line-up. Originally intended as a solo record by the band’s founder Ian Anderson, the album’s single-letter title refers to the studio tapes, which were marked “A” for Anderson. When the album was finished, the group’s label Chrysalis insisted that it be credited to Jethro Tull, even though only two members from the band’s previous incarnation were featured: Anderson and guitarist Martin Barre. Despite that, the album and subsequent tour were well-received by fans around the world.
To mark the album’s anniversary, Rhino will release A (A LA MODE) [THE 40TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION]. This new 3CD/3DVD set will be available on 16th April 2021.
– Original album and associated recordings newly remixed by Steven Wilson
– Original album and five associated recordings mixed in DTS and Dolby AC 3, 5.1 Surround, and stereo 96/24 LPCM
– Full concert from the LA Sports Arena recorded in August 1980
– Full LA Sports Arena concert mixed by Steven Wilson in DTS and Dolby AC 3, 5.1 Surround, and stereo 96/24 LPCM
– Flat transfer of the original LP master at 96/24 LPCM stereo
– DVD of Slipstream video remixed by Steven Wilson in DTS and Dolby AC 3, 5.1 Surround, and stereo 96/24 LPCM
– Presented in a case-bound DVD book filled with an extensive history of the album, track-by-track annotations by Anderson, rare photographs and much more
For this new collection, the album has been expanded with five unreleased tracks from the recording sessions, including a different take of the single “Working John, Working Joe,” an extended version of “Crossfire” and the outtake “Coruisk.”