RELEASED February 10th 2023
4x GRAMMY nominees Paramore are back with their 8th studio album and their first since 2017, ‘This Is Why’.
“This Is Why was the very last song we wrote for the album. To be honest, I was so tired of writing lyrics but Taylor convinced Zac and I both that we should work on this last idea. What came out of it was the title track for the whole album. It summarizes the plethora of ridiculous emotions, the rollercoaster of being alive in
2022, having survived even just the last 3 or 4 years. You’d think after a global pandemic of fucking biblical proportions and the impending doom of a dying planet, that humans would have found it deep within themselves to be kinder or more empathetic or something.
The public sphere we find ourselves re-entering after 4 years at home, in our comfort zones, is an entirely different thing than the one we knew. The restlessness, the anxiety, and the compulsion to take action— it all feels like a contradiction. On one hand, we have a legitimate platform to use which makes me want to march at every protest for social justice and devote every waking second to every single cause I believe in. On the other, I just want to go home, plant a garden, and become a distant memory to the outside world.”
- 4x GRAMMY nominees and winner of the “Best Rock Song” trophy at the 57th Annual GRAMMY Awards – have long established themselves as international rock superstars
- Previous self-titled album “PARAMORE” made a chart topping debut atop the SoundScan/Billboard 200 upon its April 2013 release marking Paramore’s first #1 album to date – and also scoring an array of #1 debuts around the globe. “PARAMORE” showcased a string of blockbuster singles including two 2x RIAA platinum-certified hits, the top 10 “Still Into You” and the #1 smash, “Ain’t It Fun.” The latter track proved Paramore’s biggest single to date, ascending to #1 at Hot AC and Rock radio outlets nationwide, #2 at Top 40, as well as to the top 10 on Billboard’s “Hot 100” – the band’s first ever top 10 hit on the overall chart and their highest peaking song thus far.
- Paramore has had a truly remarkable run of RIAA certified albums and singles since coming together in Nashville in 2004, from 2005’s gold-certified debut, “ALL WE KNOW IS FALLING” and 2007’s 2x platinum-certified breakthrough, “RIOT!” (with its 3x platinum-certified hit, “Misery Business,” as well as the platinum-certified singles “crushcrushcrush” and “That’s What You Get”) to 2008’s worldwide platinum “Decode” (from Chop Shop/Atlantic’s chart-topping “TWILIGHT – ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK”) and 2009’s platinum-certified “brand new eyes” and its GRAMMY®-nominated smash, “The Only Exception.”
- Long regarded as an exhilarating live act, Paramore has spent much of the past decade-plus on the road, with highlights including sold out headline arena tours and show-stealing festival sets around the globe. Paramore has consistently drawn both critical acclaim as well as a wide ranging list of international honors and accolades, now including a GRAMMY® Award, two People’s Choice Awards, three NME Awards, three MTV Video Music Award nominations, and much much more.
- Breaking from a 4-year hiatus, the band started teasing their comeback on 9.7 by wiping their personal social media accounts, updating their profile photos to the album cover – launching the beginning of the album teasing campaign, causing online speculation and chatter.