Title : The Who – Sell Out. Format : Super Deluxe Box Set. Label : UMC. Cat Num : 7711420. Barcode : 0602577114205
Release Date : April 23rd 2021
- Disc 1 – original mono mix, mono As & Bs and unreleased mono mixes
- Disc 2 – original stereo mix and stereo bonus tracks
- Disc 3 – Studio out-takes, ‘fly-on-the-wall’ versions of early takes of songs from the album sessions, ‘studio chat’ etc. – previously unreleased
- Disc 4 – ‘The Road To Tommy’ will contain stereo mixes of the studio tracks recorded in 1968 – some previously unreleased – plus 1968 As and Bs mono mixes (all tracks remixed from original 4 and 8-track session tapes in The Who vault)
- Disc 5 – 14 of Pete Townshend’s original demos – previously unreleased & exclusive to this set…
Bonus 7” discs:
- Track UK 45 repro: I Can See for Miles (early mono mix with single-tracked vocal) & Someone’s Coming (original UK Track single mix with single-tracked vocal)
- Decca USA 45 repro: Magic Bus (US/UK mono) & Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde (original US Decca single mix)
This limited box set features :
- 112 tracks – many unreleased!
- 80-page, hard-back full-colour book, including rare period photos, memorabilia &
- Track annotation and new liner notes by Pete Townshend
- Comments from from Pete Drummond (Radio Caroline DJ), Chris Huston (Talentmasters Studio), Richard Evans (designer), Roy Flynn (Speakeasy Club manager), Arnold Schwartzman (designer) & Andy Neill (Who biographer)
- Nine posters & inserts, including replicas of…
- 20” x 30” original Adrian George poster
- Gig poster – City Hall, Newcastle: The Who, Traffic, Tremeloes etc.
- Saville Theatre 8-page programme.
- Business card for the Bag o’ Nails club, Kingly Street.
- Fan Club photo of group.
- Flyer for Bath Pavilion concerts including The Who.
- Crack-back bumper sticker for Wonderful Radio London.
- Keith Moon’s Speakeasy Club membership card
- Who Fan Club newsletter.