Hope yer all doing ok.
First up is releases in the shop for this friday the 30th of June:
- DOPE LEMON
- Dropkick Murphys “ The Meanest Of Times (Clear Green Vinyl LP)”.
- Grateful Dead – RFK Stadium, Washington, DC 6/10/73
- MADONNA “ Finally Enough Love: Fifty Number Ones – Limited Rainbow Edition”
- Portugal. The Man reissue of “ Evil Friends (RSD Indie Exclusive Clear Vinyl LP)”.
- KEELEY “ floating above everything else”
- A Place To Bury Strangers.
- Lucinda Williams
- Fairport Convention as well as “ What We Did On Our Holidays”
- FRANK ZAPPA “ Funky Nothingness”
- Angelo De Augustine ‘Toil and Trouble’
- bdrmm ‘I Don’t Know’
- Grian Chatten ‘Chaos For The Fly’
- John Carroll Kirby ‘Blowout’
- Khruangbin & Nubya Garcia ‘Live at Radio City Music Hall’
- The Durutti Column ‘Time Was GIGANTIC… When we were kids’
.. .half the year in the bag already…flying.
Then on the 7th of July we have releases by …
- Bad Boy records has Bad Boy Greatest Hits Volume 1
- Gabriels “ Angels & Queens”
- JONI MITCHELL
- TAYLOR SWIFT
- ROLLING STONES
- Nicki Minaj vinyl compilation “ Queen Radio: Volume 1” 3LP.
- SONNY CLARK TRIO
- HANK MOBLEY
- Bill Evans Trio
- The Strokes
- The Pigeon Detectives
- Art Pepper
- NOW YEARBOOK 92
- Kate Rusby
- THE BATHERS
- Simon and Garfunkel “ Early Broadcasts”
- DE LA SOUL
- CREAM “ the farewell concert”
- “ Rory Gallagher – All Around Man – Live In London” as a 2CD or 3LP.
- Brigid Mae Power – Dream from The Deep Well
- Siouxsie “Mantaray”
- ANOHNI and the Johnsons ‘My Back Was A Bridge For You To Cross’
- Jim O’Rourke ‘Hands That Bind (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Nick Drake / Various Artists ‘The Endless Coloured Ways: The Songs of Nick Drake’
- PJ Harvey ‘I Inside the Old Year Dying’
Meant to flag it earlier and its no biggie really , but sher ill tell ye anyway….a lot of our suppliers Universal, Sony. Integral and Cargo use the same distribution company and warehouse in Aylesbury Buckinghamshire but Utopia distribution services are closing the current Aylesbury warehouse and moving their entire physical distribution to a brand new purpose built warehouse in Bicester.
Boo hoo says you…main point is here…from Thursday the 10th of August through to Monday the 28th of August, there is a blackout while they get the new gaff up and running ( i presume with plenty teething problems after the 28th also!!) so we cant get Uni, Sony, Integral and Cargo stock during those 2 and a half weeks …new releases will be top heavy on either side of those dates as well as nothing will move between the 10th and 28th of August…not life changing for anyone but just letting ye know…our impeccable ( hah) service will be more interrupted than usual!! Ill remind ye closer to the time!
Right main week for this week is Friday the 14th of July and we will start with Warner…BMG has a 5 Seconds of Summer live album “ The Feeling of Falling Upwards” on 2LP, CD or Deluxe CD from the Royal albert hall in London..#
East West Records UK Ltd has Charli XCX “ Pop 2 5 Year Anniversary (Violet Coloured Vinyl LP), Warner themselves has a deluxe version of CHERs “ It’s a Man’s World” which is being reimagined as a special deluxe limited-edition vinyl box set ( first time ever on vinyl) that features a remastered version of the original 14-track UK album on 2 LPs, as well as a newly compiled double LP containing eleven rare remixes including “Walking In Memphis (Shut Up and Dance Vocal mix”…so its available as the aforementioned 4LP set or as a 2CD SET.
BMG has the brand new RITA ORA album “ you and i” on cd or indies orange vinyl, lastly from warner , BMG has four more THE KINKS vinyl reissues with “ Preservation Act 1”, “ Preservation Act 2” , “ Schoolboys in Disgrace” and “ Soap Opera”.
There was a secret release ( out this week) of ELTON JOHNs “ diamonds” greatest hits album on coloured vinyl with exclusive print to celebrate his glasto performance…in stock in a day or two.
Sexy records via Cargo have a red vinyl version of RIGHT SAID FRED smash album “ up” on the 14th of July.
Strange Brew records ( fine irish label) has Limerick native ( i think) Anna’s Anchor “The Merries” – LP release for towards the end of July i think…as far as we know for now, its LP only…ill check though….will def have LP copies anyway!
Here is a fine tune from the new record
Republic of Music has a big one and ideally we need orders asap if interested …not out till july 28th but need numbers in! Dexys are back! 11 years since the release of their last album of original music, the acclaimed One Day I’m Going to Soar, the band return with a stunning new record, The Feminine Divine, out July 28th on 100% records.
Heres a tune from it… 6 year old Bonnie here at home likes it very much…having a little boogie in the kitchen to it
It should be available to us on these formats…CDj, STD LP, INDIES PURPLE LP and Cassette…email back if interested…ROM can sometimes be flaky to deal with so im trying to get numbers in early to avoid trouble ( it dont always work!)
Universal for the 14th of July has via EMI Brian May + Friends: Star Fleet Project is the third release in the ‘Brian May Gold Series’, originally released in 1983. Accompanied by top rock luminaries Edward Van Halen (guitar), Alan Gratzer (drums), Phil Chen (bass) and Fred Mandel (keyboards), the output of their legendary recording sessions was captured on a 3-track mini album.
Celebrating its 40th anniversary, Star Fleet Project has been given the full reissue treatment. Brian and his studio team (Queen sound engineers Justin Shirley-Smith and Kris Fredriksson) have created a completely new 2023 mix of the sessions from the original multitrack master tapes, and the artwork has been completely digitally recreated from the original 1983 source material, to give fans the very best experience at the highest possible quality. Available on CD, blk vinyl or Boxset 2CD + LP + 7” LIMITED EDITION.
IMPULSE! Has JOHN COLTRANE “ EVENINGS AT THE VILLAGE GATE: JOHN COLTRANE WITH ERIC DOLPHY” on CD or 2LP.
UMR has BASTILLE “ Bad Blood X” on Gatefold 1LP + 7″.
Craft Recordings has a couple of later REM reissues on vinyl with “ Around The Sun” and “ Collapse Into Now” as LP, 180g, black vinyl….we were allocated 10 of each on these….only a couple of each gone so a good few left but just giving you the heads up , these should be around forever.
UMR has a couple of ROLLING STONES represses with “ flowers” and “ Metamorphasis (Repress)”.
Craft Recordings has four other Jazz reissues for the 14th July with Idris Muhammad “ Black Rhythm Revolution!” , Jack DeJohnette “ sorcery” , Leon Spencer “ Where I’m Coming From” and Ornette Coleman “ Something Else!!!!: The Music Of Ornette Coleman” …all of these on Black LP, 180g, tip-on jacket.
UMG has acquired AEROSMITHs physical catologue and all their studio albums are been reissued on cd mainly with some on LP…more lps to follow….holler if your interested….cds are 14 quid a pop.
EMI thankfully have a reissue of Jessie Ware “ That! Feels Good!” on vinyl…out of stock since about a week after release a few months back.
Mercury Studios has GEORGE BENSON “ Live At Montreux 1986” ON DVD/2CD also on 14th july.
The Orchard has a few for the 14th of July with
- Gerry Cinnamon: ‘Live At Hampden Park’ on 2CD and 2LP Clearl
- Far Caspian: second album from Irish singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and producer Joel Johnston. Includes a Clear Vinyl with Marble Effect.
- Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real: seventh album from Lukas (son of Willie) and his band who just played The Academy (Dublin) this Friday 23rd June
- Eric Clapton: a Double Vinyl reissue of his classic ‘MTV Unplugged’ album from 1992 AND a brand new double A-side 7″ Single with two newly recorded songs.
- The Neal Morse Band – An Evening Of Innocence & Danger: Live in Hamburg / Ltd Digipak 3cd set.
Proper records for the 14th of July have a few vinyl reissues on their own label which they have licensed from island/universal…so there is Fairport Convention “ Liege & Lief” and “ Unhalfbricking” as well as John Martyn “ London Conversation” and class “ The Tumbler” .
CHRYSALIS RECORDS has a couple of world music vinyl remaster and reissues with Taj Mahal & Toumani Diabate “ Kulanjan (2023 Remaster)” and Toumani Diabate with Ballake Sissoko “ New Ancient Strings (2023 Remaster)”.
This blackout in August is a first for me so will be a bit strange …programmed to work a certain way…that will slightly change for a bit…i see the new Hozier album is due on the 18th august , in the midst of the blackout…i presume it will get delivered before the 10th of august …time shall tell i suppose.
Integral for the 14th july has Various Artists / Soul Jazz Records Presents ‘Studio One 007…’ Expanded Edition
And the James Yorkston Vinyl Reissues also.
Going to hand ye over to Shane now as he takes ye down the road with announcements etc…
How’s it going everyone? Cheers Ray! Adam, thanks as well for covering me last week, much appreciated, and good stuff!
I liked your random music link at the start so I’m going to rob that idea.
Here’s a class cover of ‘Paranoid Android’ by one of my favourites Brad Mehldau:
The album it’s from ‘Largo’ was released on vinyl recently. A brilliant album but the price of it is mental, nearly 50.
There’s quite a bit of down the line releases today to mention so I’m going to do a list for ye if ye don’t mind:
- The Breeders – Last Splash: 30th Anniversary Edition Clear Vinyl+Red 12 inch – 22/9/23
- The Prodigy – Fat of the Land (25th Anniversary) Remixes – Silver 12″ Vinyl – 28/7/23
- Slipknot – Live at MSG – 18/8/23
- Elvis Presley – Aloha from Hawaii via Satellite – vinyl, and CD/Blu Ray set – 11/8/23
- Alice Cooper – Road (new album) – 25/8/23
- Lee Morgan – Infinity – 4/8/23
- Duke Pearson – Right Touch – 4/8/23
- Wayne Shorter – Footprints Live! – 11/8/23
- Herbie Hancock – New Standard – 11/8/23
- Aerosmith – Greatest Hits (including a box set) – 18/8/23
- Claire Richards (Steps) – Euphoria – 25/8/23
- Alison Russell – Returner – 8/9/23
- Mateo Bocelli – Mateo – 22/9/23
- Yusef Lateef – Eastern Sands – 29/9/23
- Katy Perry reissues – One of the Boys, Teenage Dream and Prism – 20/10/23
- Dolly Parton – Rockstar – 17/11/23
- Devendra Banhart – Flying Wig – 22/9/23
- Cate Le Bon – Crab Day and Rock Pool coloured EPs – 28/7/23
Phew!…oh we got another few last minute sell-ins as well…deep breath again…these will be coming soonish too:
- two more R.E.M. reissues in ‘Accelerate‘ and ‘Reveal‘
- ROLLING STONES – Forty Licks (4 LP Vinyl) – 28/7/23
- Glass Animals – ZABA (Zoetrope Vinyl) – 25/8/23
- ABC – The Lexicon of Love – 4/8/23
- Ronan Ó Snódaigh & Myles O Reilly – The Beautiful Road – 28/7/23
Tis like the Irish weather!
Hopefully we get a few more weeks of sun in July, we’ll take that.
Anyway, back to you Ray so bud!
Right last one for this week is INTEGRAL for the 21st July and LONDON records has GOLDIE Timeless (The Remixes) as a 3LP set or 2 cd set as well as Working Men’s Club *Rel date 14th July* “ Minsky Rock Megamix II” as a 12” via Heavenly Recordings.
Sin e really for this week folks
Thanks for listening as always
Ray, Shane and Young Adam.